REIL-Biology will host a day-long workshop on July 26 preceding the American Society of Microbiology Conference for Undergraduate Educators, July 27-30 in Denver. The workshop will be held at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel from 8am-5:30pm.
At the workshop, participants will work with faculty who have experience in course-based research to:
- hear about the benefits of course-based research experiences for students and faculty
- discuss the components of a course-based research experience
- describe barriers to incorporating course-based research experiences in introductory biology at their institution
- learn about strategies for overcoming barriers to implementing course-based research experiences
- work in institutional teams to begin to develop research modules for their introductory biology courses
- discuss approaches to assessing course-based research experiences
Travel funds are available to help defray the costs of institutional teams attending the workshop and conference.
To apply for the workshop, please fill out the application form. The application deadline is April 15 because of early conference registration deadlines. Late registrants are possible only if there is space available.
For more information about the 2017 ASMCUE meeting, see http://www.asm.org/index.php/asmcue-2017.